Friday, September 4, 2009


Sakes Alive! A Cattle Drive by Karma Wilson
This book is about two cows who take the car keys from the farmer and go for a drive. The police try to stop them but the cows don't know how to slow down so they whizz through town. Because of all the cars the townspeople thought it was a parade and they loved it. They even asked the cows for autographs.
I like this book because it rhymes and it has humor. It is an easy book to read and I think kids would love it because of the emotion that is expressed. The only thing that kids might not understand is the expression "sakes alive" because I had never heard of it before. But who knows? Maybe they have heard it.
I love the illustrations in this book; they are filled with humor. In fact, I chose this book because of the illustrations on the cover. I would recommend this book for kids ages 2-6. Because it rhymes and the expression "sakes alive" is repeated, it is a good book for beginner readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment