Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I did my author study on Barbara Park because I loved reading the Junie B. Jones series in elementary school. I really liked exploring her website because the website is actually through the perspective of Junie B. Jones. It is very interactive and kid friendly. You can play games on the website, download activity sheets, read a Q&A about Barbara Park, read summaries of all Park's books, and there is even a teacher's corner where you can find activities to go along with the Junie B. Jones books. The website is: http://www.randomhouse.com/kids/junieb/
Another book by Park that I enjoyed when I was younger was Mick Harte was Here. The book is about a young boy who died in a bicycle accident. I would say all of Park's books (with the exception of Mick Harte was Here) are all comical. I loved, and still do love, reading Barbara Park's books and I am glad I had the opportunity to learn a little more about her.

No comments:

Post a Comment