Tuesday, November 3, 2009


The Day the Babies Crawled Away by Peggy Rathman
This book is about the adventure the babies go on when they crawl away. A young boy follows them and returns them safely to their parents. The young boy is then brought safely home by his parents.
I like this book because of the poetic language. The entire story rhymes which gives it a great flow. The illustrations of the people and land are all silhouettes (as you can see on the cover of the book). The only color on the page is the night sky. It is gradually getting darker and darker and the sky pictures change colors to show the sun setting.
This is a great bedtime story that I think younger children would like. I would also use it in my classroom to model poetic language in a picture book. I would recommend this book for children ages 2-6.

No comments:

Post a Comment