Monday, November 16, 2009


Who Bop? by Jonathan London
This poem is about animals going to the sock hop. I like this book because it is catchy. It rhymes and while reading it I find myself bopping my head and singing the words. There are parts in this poem that repeat itself so kids will eventually catch on and they can say the poem with you. The text is all over the page and in different directions which makes it a more fun read than your average left to right, straight line text.
This book is illustrated by Henry Cole and he does a great job of adding humor in the pictures. The pictures are not very detailed but they are straight to the point and it works for this book. The illustrator adds character and human-like qualities to the animals which I think is a reason why kids may enjoy this book. The illustrator doesn't use a lot of color but again, I think it helps this book by making it straight to the point. I would recommend this book for kids ages 2-6.

No comments:

Post a Comment